WE NEED TO REOPEN NEGOTIATION - AULA DE INGLÊS



Outro dia assisti um documentário sensacional chamado O Medo Do Treze. Ele conta a história de um prisioneiro condenado à morte que em um momento de sua pena começa a ler livros. Alguém que o auxilia diz que ele deve pegar frases e substituir algumas palavras, para aumentar seu vocabulário.

Vai uma dica de como aumentar seu vocabulário em inglês ou mesmo em português. O clip é de um dos meus filmes prediletos: The Negotitator, com Samuel L Jackson e Kevin Spacey.

Quando assisti o clip, ative as legendas em inglês.








We need to reopen negotiations.
You and I need to reopen negotiations.

I'm sorry, do you want something from me?
I´m sorry, do you need something from me?


I want the electricity turned back on.
I need the power to be reconnected.

You think killing a man gives you the power to negotiate?
You think killing a man gives you the power to work with me to reach an agreement?
You think you can get through successfully with me by kiling a man?

Why is that?
Because you think you know me?
Because you think you know who I am?
Since you think you know my identity?
Since you think you know how I get things done.

Because you think you can trust me?
Since you want to trust me?

Because you think you know what I'll do?
That I'll give you time?

Don't you fucking count on it.
Don't you fucking depend on it.

I'm the only thing standing between you and an army that's itching to walk in here and take you out.
I'm the main thing remaining amongst you and an armed force that is tingling to stroll in here and take you out.

So you tell me something, Danny: Why should I get in their way?
So you reveal to me something, Danny: Why would it be advisable for me to get in their direction?

Make me believe why I should deal with you ever again.
Make me trust why I ought to manage you until kingdom come.

I still have hostages.
They can still be punished for your mistakes.
Regardless I have prisoners. 
They can at present be rebuffed for your oversights.


Did you just threaten me? That's all I need to walk out of here.
Did you simply debilitate me? That's it in a nutshell I have to leave here.

The rules of engagement state: "Don't breach if the hostage-taker is willing to kill in retaliation."

The principles of engagement state: "Try not to break if the prisoner taker is willing to murder in countering."



I think I've proved I'm willing to do that.
I think I've demonstrated I'm willing to do that.

Things are not what they seem, Chris.
Things are not what they appear, Chris.


///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

           
You saw what they did.

Saw (passado de to see)

To perceive with the eyes; 
Todiscern visually. 
To discern or deduce mentally after reflection or from information; to understand. 
     

             

They didn't tell you they were coming in

To tell
communicate information, facts, or news to someone in spoken or written words. 
I told her you were coming 

decide or determine correctly or with certainty.
you can tell they're in love

because they want me dead.

To want

have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for. 

 
dead
No longer alive. 


those who have died. 
absolutely; completely.
you're dead right


                   

One more gun goes off...

Gun
a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, 
or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise. 

   
Goes off
implode, fire, 
                   

...and I'll give the order 

To give
freely transfer the possession of (something) to (someone); hand over to. 

The order
an authoritative command, direction, or instruction. 

To move in myself. Understand?

To move in
pull in, draw in, get in 

Myself

  
Don't think you've bought anything

by asking me to come here.


                  

Because you need to remember...


...I am a stranger to you.


Stranger
a person whom one does not know or with whom one is not familiar. 

   
                  

You have no idea what I'm capable of.

Capable
having the ability, fitness, or quality necessary to do or achieve a specified thing. 
able to achieve efficiently whatever one has to do; competent. 


                  

I need the electricity...


                   

...so I can turn on the computer


and look at Niebaum's files.

To look
an act of directing one's gaze in order to see someone or something. 

   
                  

I also want food and blankets

for the hostages.

     

I'll need a hostage. Nothing less.

           

Take Frost.


Turn the electricity back on.

                  

Could you repeat that?


I'm about to walk out with a hostage.

Do what I say.


Turn the electricity back on.

Comentários

VOLTE SEMPRE

VOLTE SEMPRE

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

CARTA ABERTA A VITOR RODRIGUES FERRULIA

BITCOIN (MOEDA DIGITAL) - FAZENDO AS PERGUNTAS CORRETAS

CIDADE DE CHICAGO USARÁ A BLOCKCHAIN PARA REGISTRO DE IMÓVEIS